For this Tasty Tuesday I decided to share a recipe I found for Cake Batter Rice Crispie Treats!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix (just the dry mix, do NOT make batter)
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- Food Coloring
First melt the butter in a pot over low heat and slowly add the marshmallows. Once the marshmallows are all meted, stir in the dry cake mix a little at a time. Then add the food coloring until it reaches the desired color. Once the cake mix, butter and marshmallows are combined remove the pot from heat and stir in the cereal until the cereal is completely coated. Next Press into any dish or container and let it sit for about a half hour before cutting into squares (or whatever shape you want).
They are delicious! The cake batter really makes these simple treats fantastic. I can’t wait to try this recipe with other flavors of cake mix!
Latest posts by Diane W (see all)
- Dr. Scholl’s® Massaging Gel® Insoles Review - June 18, 2013
- What’s The REAL Price of that Puppy in the Window? - June 6, 2013
- Aruba: One Happy Island - June 5, 2013