You might have heard of Orijen before, made by Champion Petfoods, but you have never seen Orijent Cat Treats before. The wait is over, because pretty soon, Orijen Cat treats will be hitting the store shelves, and the kitties here at Me, Him and the Cats were among the first to try them! Having worked with Chewy.com they offered to send us these cat treats for free, for review purposes!
Champion Petfoods uses only Biologically Appropriate cat foods, from fresh regional ingredients. This means that the food mirrors the freshness and variety of meats that cats would naturally hunt in the wind and for which they have evolved to eat.
Because we’re passionate about our foods, we make every ORIJEN product ourselves, under our own roof where we control and perform every detail of production — from where and how our ingredients are farmed or fished, to every cooking, packaging and quality process.
We are the developer and producer of ORIJEN foods. We own our own kitchens and make our own foods, so you can have confidence knowing where your pet’s food really comes from. (Source: https://www.facebook.com/OrijenDogandCatFoods )
To preserve the taste and goodness of their treats, Orijen cat treats are freeze-dried. freeze-drying removes only water, so all nutrients stay in the food.
WIth three flavors matched to their award-winning dry foods, and two unique single-source flavors, these treats will each be available in 35G packages containing over 100 cat treats
- Regional Red Made with ranch raised wild boar, angus beef and alberta lamb. Ingredients: boneless wild boar, boneless beef, boneless lamb, wild boar liver, lamb liver, beef liver.
- Alberta Wild Boar Pure and natural wild boar raised free-range on Alberta’s fertile woodland farms. Ingredients: boneless wild boar, wild boar liver.
- Ranch Raised Lamb Pure and natural lamb raised free-range on Alberta’s fertile grassland farms. Ingredients: boneless lamb, lamb liver, lamb tripe.
- Original Made with cage-free chicken, turkey and wild-caught flounder. Ingredients: boneless chicken, boneless turkey, chicken liver, turkey liver, boneless flounder.
- Tundra Made with ranch-raised venison, elk, quail and steelhead trout. Ingredients: boneless venison, venison liver, boneless elk, elk liver, boneless quail, steelhead trout.
One thing I really love about Orijen pet products is that they are meat and protein rich. Cats are carnivores, so Orijen is loaded with 80% of meat – up to three times as much meat as conventional cat foods. They also limit the amount of carbohydrates in their pet products. Cats in the wild would eat very few, if any carbohydrates. That is why Orijen replaces fast carbohydrates (like potatoes and rice) with low-glycemic and regionally-soured fruits and vegetables. Cereal grains can spike a cats blood sugars, so Orijen features orchard-grown fruits and vegetables that supply fiber and antioxidants in their natural form.
We were sent a sample bag of the Orijen Original Cat treats. I swear the cats are starting to notice that really yummy stuff comes in a blueish-green polka dot bubble mailer (from Chewy.com). I gave them each a treat and they scarfed it down right away, and were looking for more. Since they all have had issues with their weight, I try not to give them large amounts of treats at once, so I gave them a couple more each and put it away for another day.
Each time they saw the bag coming out, they were standing on their hind legs begging me to hurry up! I love that these treats are all meat, and no “fillers”. Its a treat you can feel good about giving!
The cats really enjoy these treats, and I can’t wait for them to try the other flavors!
As always, you can find Orijen pet products on Chewy.com. If you don’t see the cat treats listen yet, don’t worry, they will be available soon!