1. When was the last time that you watched a sunrise? Who were you with? I was by myself driving to work along the lake if you want to count that.
2. If President Obama promised he’d do one thing you asked, what would you ask him to do? Give me back my chair at work. On my day off it was decided we lost chair privileges. Once the machine is running it could run for a couple hours – I just have to be around in case something faults or jams. Sending and setting up jobs requires a computer. Which we all have to hunch over now since it was at a regular desk and we used to be able to sit. Anti-Fatigue mats and higher desks are supposedly on order. But damn 12 hours is a long freaking time to stand!
3. What is one experience that has strengthened your character the most so far? My dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer when I was in 6th grade. They only gave him a few months to live. He had an experimental surgery that didn’t work as planned but he is still alive and doesn’t need a feeding tube or anything like that. He was in the hospital over 6 months after the surgery. To beat esophageal cancer is pretty rare, they don’t even do the surgery he had done anymore because…well… he was one of the only ones that survived the surgery. They had cut out the cancerous part of his esophagus (a couple inches long) and replaced it with a same length of intestine. Scar tissue still grows till this day and he has to go have his esophagus stretched back open every other year or so. During that time I learned who I could count on in my family and how strong I could really be. There were nights where the doctor would call and say it was touch and go and tell my mom to just stay with me because there was nothing she could do. We lived on Long Island and he was in the hospital in Manhattan which was about a 45 min drive without any traffic. She would go every single day after work to visit him but he was so sick they wouldn’t let me in to see him. My mom taught me that no matter what happens you have to keep moving forward, you can’t stop everything and just sit there worrying. Sure there were nights we cried together but we got through it.
4. What is the first thing that you usually do after completing Saturday 9? Go to bed because I have work Saturday Mornings
5. Tell us about someone either in your life or in the blogosphere that you think is extremely funny. My one coworker is very quick witted and has a funny comment for everything
6. Where was the last bed that you slept in that was not your own? I slept in my cousins bed when I was visiting my parents. She lives in my old bedroom
7. Have you ever been too drunk to remember anything? I have never blacked out but sometimes I forget stuff that happened while I was drinking if you ask me about it later
8. Have you ever licked something to clean it? I like my ice cream bowls clean : )
9. Who, outside of family or a S/O, has influenced your life the most?
Im not really sure.