I recently had a French company, SNAILS reach out to me and offer me some samples of their revolutionary nail polish for free to review. I received two colors: Mrs Carrothead and Purple comet.
SNAILS started when a mom of two scoured the market for safe non-toxic nail polish to color up the imaginative play of her little ones. She quickly found that such a product just didn’t exist — so SNAILS , a non-toxic nail polish was born.
SNAILS Kids nail polish is unlike any other you will find. You’ll delight in our simple natural nail polish formula which is optimally safe and child-friendly. Our revolutionary patented formula contains just three main ingredients: water, acrylic polymer and non-toxic colorants and is paraben free. This sets us apart from other products. The toxic trio of Dibutyle Phythalate (DBP), Toluene and Formaldehyde dominate many children’s nail polishes currently on the market. Such chemicals are banned in Europe due to their links with cancer, birth defects and other illness. So you will not find a trace of these harmful substances in SNAILS. Just pure ingredients that are kind and gentle on little nails.
Playing dress-up can now be thoroughly enjoyed without compromise. SNAILS Kids is committed to preserving the innocence and joy of children everywhere. Our safe kids’ nail polish range brings a new level of safety for the entire family.
– From the SNAILS website
- Revolutionary three-ingredient formula — containing just water, acrylic polymer and non-toxic colorants, SNAILS is safe in its simplicity.
- Totally water soluble — SNAILS washes off easily with simple soap and water, making harsh solvent-based remover a thing of the past.
- Environmentally friendly — from biodegradable packaging and lead-free bottles, to a strict no animal testing policy.
- Hypoallergenic — SNAILS is purely chemical, Paraben and toxin free, so little nails are kept safe, sound and splendidly colored.
- Vivacious color choices — every SNAILS polish delivers glorious high-quality gloss and deliciously gentle fragrance.
I love that SNAILS polish does not have any funky smell to it! It went on very smooth. As expected, it really does wash off with soap and water! Luckily I was able to get a picture before I washed my hands. SNAILS does offer a top coat that will keep your nail polish on for a few days.
I think SNAILS is great for little girls who want to wear nail polish since it doesn’t have any harmful chemicals (more about that later)! This would be great at a sleepover – the girls could do each others nails (or mom could help). You wouldn’t have to worry about it staining skin, carpet or clothes since it washes up easily with soap and water! SNAILS would also be perfect for moms-to-be who don’t want to expose their baby to chemicals. Expecting moms now have a way to dress up their nails for special events, or just because!
• Bedtime stories: calming sky blue shades entice little ones to relax and unwind
• Candyfloss: sugar, spice and everything nice all rolled into a pretty baby pink hue
• Disco girl: little dancing queens will dazzle in beautiful glossy pink
• Fairytale: once upon a time soft shiny pink graced gorgeous girls’ fingertips
• Go Green: eco-kids will love warm olive tones of nature and life
• Lollipop: matte scarlet red kindles kids’ enthusiasm and interest
• Make a wish: golden nails promote the Midas touch in confidence and courage
• Mrs Carrothead: pumpkin orange shades match kids’ zest for life
• Purple comet: magic, mystery and imagination in glossy purple hues
• Secret diary: playful fuchsia tones will delight little nails
Back to the lack of harmful chemicals in the polish. One thing you may not know is that Europe is home to the strictest protective cosmetic laws in the world. As a 100 % European-made product, SNAILS Kids nail polish satisfies these stringent regulations. SNAILS Kids is manufactured in France and packaged in lead-free Italian glass bottles — all to rigorous environmental standards with a strict no animal testing policy. Some of the European cosmetic rules that SNAILS adheres to are:
- Cosmetics must not include any chemical linked to cancer, birth defects or other illness
- Every chemical present in cosmetics must undergo rigorous health testing before entering the market.
The European Union constantly adds more rigors to cosmetic protective laws. In January 2003 a further 1,100 chemicals were banned from inclusion in European products. By contrast the US FDA has banned or restricted only 11 chemicals.