Disclosure: I was provided with free product in exchange for this post.
Spin, Chop, Dress and Mix your way to a refreshing salad by following these basic steps: Start with a green base, get adventurous with grains, make it bright with fruits and vegetables, toss in the flavor of Redpack tomatoes, give it some crunch with nuts, power up with protein and dress it up with your favorite salad dressing.
Red Pack has four delicious summer salads recipes on their website to give you some inspiration!
I decided to use their Chicken Blueberry Chopped Salad as inspiration for a delicious dinner this week.
For my salad I used:
- Lite Raspberry & Walnut Dressing
- Read Leaf Mix Lettuce
- Feta Cheese (with mediterranean herbs)
- Red Pack Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Grilled Chicken
I used about 1/3 of the blueberries from the package, all the strawberries, one of the avocados, and half the can of diced tomatoes but you can use as much or as little as you want.
I had never bought avocados before, so I was so nervous that I would get ones that either weren’t ripe, or were overripe. I read some tips online, and luckily both avocados ended up being perfectly ripe!
The salad was so delicious, I had the leftovers for lunch the next day! Tony loves strawberries, but because they were so sweet, he didn’t think they worked with all the other flavors in the salad. However, he loved the blueberries and avocado in the salad!
The salad was very light, but also kept us full for a long time. Next we are going to try our own version of the Raspberry Shrimp Salad. Neither of us eats shrimp, so we are thinking of substituting either chicken or steak!
You can enter for a chance to win a Redpack Tote Bag or the Grand Prize: a $350 Gourmet Picnic Gift Basket! Enter Now
- Enter for your chance to win a Redpack Gourmet Salad Pack that includes one (1) Redpack Tote Bag, one (1) Sussex Picnic Basket and Blanket, Pampered Chef items including: one (1) Salad & Berry Spinner, one (1) Salad Chopper, one (1) Salad Bowl Lid, one (1) Bamboo Salad Tongs, one (1) Pottery Barn Vintage Wood Serving Set, and the products to make the Redpack “Seasonal Salad Recipes” – a prize package worth $350!
- Or a chance to win one (1) of 3,000 Redpack Tote Bags, They will giveaway 1,000 tote bags to randomly selected winners each week for three (3) weeks.
- One (1) entry per household
- Winners will be notified by email
No purchase necessary. Promotion ends July 2, 2014. Entrants must be legal US residents and must be 18 years or older to participate. Void where prohibited