Welcome to Its All About The Deck Event Sweepstakes
Hosted by: Enter Here Canada
Homeowners who would rather take it easy on their decks will find a new line of Thompson’s®WaterSeal®Waterproofing Stain that makes deck care just that — easier on them. The new line, at The Home Depot, offers multiple features that make it easier to choose and use the right deck stain.
Along with powerful waterproofing protection from the industry leader and rich, beautiful color all in one coat, the new stain delivers homeowner-friendly features like:
·Increased durability for a better looking deck, longer.
Elastomeric polymers help the dry stain expand and contract with the wood during temperature fluctuations, reducing cracking and peeling. Advanced acrylic polymers greatly improve resistance to scuffing and marring. Waterproofing protection exceeds industry standards, while the coating resists mildew and UV damage.
On horizontal surfaces like decks, the Transparent Stain is guaranteed for three years, the Semi-Transparent Stain is guaranteed for four years and the Solid Stain is guaranteed for five years.
When choosing a stain finish, you need to consider the characteristics of each type of stain and the ultimate look you want to achieve. When choosing a stain color, keep in mind that the wood and stain can work together to create a different color. Below is a list of finishes you can choose from:
- Clear Finish – A clear finish shows the wood’s own tones and grain, yet protects it from the elements and the wear and tear of normal deck use. Clear finishes require the most frequent recoating.
- Transparent Finish – A transparent finish adds color without hiding the natural wood grain. Transparent finishes come in a variety of wood tones and last longer than clear finishes.
- Semi-Transparent Finish – Semi-transparent stains add more color while still allowing some of the wood’s natural wood grain to show through. These finishes provide longer protection than clear and transparent finishes.
- Solid Finish – Solid stains add color that covers the wood grain. These finishes can often hide minor imperfections in wood. They last the longest of all deck finishes.
·Pigment suspension technology keeps the color evenly dispersed in the container; there’s no need to put the can on the paint shaker and no waiting at the paint counter. The customer can just “grab and go.” Pigment
Back at home, the formula can be applied to damp wood so the project can begin soon after cleaning and be finished faster (most deck stains require a 48-hour wait between cleaning and staining the wood.)
·Latex-based formulas provide soap and water clean-up.
Check out Thompson’s Waterseal HERE
Even the packaging of the new Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofing Stain is easier to use. The product comes in the familiar, traditional square Thompson’s WaterSeal package that consumers prefer. Research conducted for the brand proves that consumers find round cans messy, hard to close, hard to carry because the wire handle cuts into your hand and hard to store because the lid can pop off.
Thompson’s Water Seal Waterproofing Stain is available in the five most popular colors:
- Acorn Brown
- Harvest Gold
- Maple Brown
- Sequoia Red
- Woodland Cedar
Each color is available in three opacities (Transparent, Semi-Transparent and Solid), and the packages feature a sliding-scale graphic with a marker that indicates if that particular formula will show “Most Grain,” (Transparent), “Medium Grain” (Semi-Transparent) or “Least Grain” (Solid.) This provides the user with as much information in store as possible so that the right choice is made the first time. At The Home Depot, the five transparent colors come in one and five gallon sizes; the semi-transparent and solid colors are available in one-gallon containers.
Win 1 of 5 “Deck Care Kits”, each valued at $120+. The package includes 1 case of Deck Cleaner and 1 case of Waterproofing Stain (4 gallons in each case). Winners choose stain colour!
- Open to USA/CAN 18+
- void where prohibited (Quebec)
- starts August 1/14 at noon EST
- ends August 14/14 at noon EST
- ONE entry per household
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email or a new winner/s will be picked
- Facebook, twitter, pinterest etc are NOT responsible or liable in anyway!