So Tony and I were watching TV the other night when we saw a commercial for Grands!® Unsloppy Joes. I figured if you could stuff sloppy joe mix in Pillsbury Grands biscuits, why not Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip?
I searched pinterest but all the recipes were for “roll ups” using the crescent dough, or ones that looked like egg rolls.
So we were on our own, but that was ok. We aren’t afraid to experiment.
First Tony made the chicken wing dip.
Chicken Wing Dip
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (we have used the low fat kind without a problem)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (Low fat honestly doesn’t taste good in it, at least to us)
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S® REDHOT® (more or less depending on how we feel that day)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cooked and shredded.
Mix everything together in a large bowl.
Normally the next step would be to transfer it to a dish and add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. We normally eat this tailgating so we heat it on the grill until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Biscuits
First Tony got 1 can (16.3 oz) of Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits. He cut each biscuit in half and pressed out the biscuits to make them flatter. Then Tony spooned the chicken wing dip into the center of the biscuits.
Next Tony placed the other half of the biscuit on top, and pinched the edges together to seal it closed. We wouldn’t want any dip to leak out!
It was at this point we realized we didn’t have a cookie sheet to bake them on. We had a pan, but could only fit 6 in at a time.
We baked according to the directions on the package of Pillsbury Grands which I believe was 350° for 12-15 minutes. We ended up cooking them longer, about 20 minutes to get the top and bottom nice and golden brown.
They were AWESOME! Since it was just the two of us, we ended up having lots of left overs. We let them cool, and stored them in the fridge in a zip lock bag. When we want a quick snack we pull one out, and throw it on the microwave for 30 seconds on high and it still tastes amazing! Next time we are going to add a little bit more Franks Hot Sauce because the rolls tended to be a little sweet. Also we want to add cheddar cheese as well to make it all melty and extra delicious!
Latest posts by Diane W (see all)
- Ever Need a Urine Sample from your Cat? (Kit4Cat Review + video) - May 24, 2013
- Celebrate Memorial Day at dELiA*s - May 23, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: Along Came a Duck - May 22, 2013